Iowa is considered by many to be a fly-over state. However, this would be a grievous mistake for them to make. There are plenty of interesting facts about Iowa, many of which most people do not know about.
- Iowa draws its name from the Iowa River, which in turn is named after a tribe of American Indians.
- There are four times as many pigs in Iowa as there are humans.
- There is an Iowa law which discourages men with mustaches from kissing women in public (Guess they should shave face to save face).
- Snake Alley in Burlington, Iowa is the most crooked street in the entire world.
- In Iowa, you can vote in an election at the age of 16 ½.
- Winnebago motorhomes were first manufactured in the city of Winnebago, Iowa.
- Iowa has more per capita golf courses than any other state in the country.
- Red Delicious Apples were first developed in Iowa’s Madison County.