Now that the weather is finally warm, it’s time to make sure your air filters are as clean as they can get. You’re going to want nice, cool air conditioning pumping inside, and it’s best to have the cleanest air possible.
The easiest way to do this is to clean your air filter. Here are some car air filter cleaning tips to get you started:
- Keep in mind that the average car should have its air filter cleaned about every 15,000 miles. Record a log of when you clean the filter.
- Always consult your car’s personal owners manual, to be sure that you’re handling your specific air filter appropriately.
- Once you’ve located and removed the filter, use a vacuum cleaner to remove as much debris as possible.
- Consider replacing the air filter entirely, though this could be costly over time.
- Be sure to wipe up any grit that has accumulated inside the air filter’s chamber, before you put the clean filter back inside of it.
Do you have any other tips to keep the air in your vehicle fresh? Let us know your ideas in the comments.