Now that the spring weather has begun, you may find yourself on a road-trip with your furry loved ones. To keep both you and your pets safe, don’t forget these safety tips for driving with pets:
- Be sure that your pets are properly restrained, depending on what type of animal you have and what size they are.
- Don’t allow pets to sit on your lap or hang out in the front seat while you’re driving, which could distract you.
- Never, ever transport your dog in a truck bed, which causes many canine deaths and accidents every year.
- Please do not leave your pets unattended in a parked vehicle, and never, ever leave them in a parked vehicle when it’s warm outside, which can quickly become lethal.
- In case your pet becomes separated from you, be sure that it has a collar with contact information or even a microchip.
For more safety tips or to start out your spring season with a brand new vehicle, visit us here at Watters Autoland.