Now that the Christmas season is here, many families will spend some time baking delicious and festive cookies. Whether you’re an expert baker or just getting started with your own family’s Christmas traditions, here are five easy and delicious Christmas cookie recipes. Be sure to stock up on the frosting and sprinkles for all the decorating.
- Candy Cane Cookies. These traditional cookies will add a big dose of color and cheer to any Christmas cookie plate. And, with the peppermint bits, they will really taste like candy canes.
- Stir and Drop Sugar Cookies. Traditional sugar cookie recipes require refrigeration time and lots of rolling. This simple recipe doesn’t need either. Use colored gelatin or sprinkles for added color.
- Peanut Butter Blossoms. Give these classic cookies a Christmas twist with touch of frosting and sprinkles.
- Christmas Tree Cookies. You don’t need a cookie cutter to create these cute cookies. Just shape them with your hands and cut them into wedges. Use pretzels as trunks and frosting as snow.
- Santa Cookies. Your kids will love decorating and eating these adorable Santa cookies. Use coconut for his beard, mini chocolate chips for his eyes, and red sprinkles for his hat.
What is your favorite Christmas cookie recipe? Share it with us in the comments below.