It’s hard to believe that 2016 is almost over. As the New Year arrives, most people decide there is something they want to change in their lives. This, of course, is called a resolution. If you’re looking for some inspiration, here are some of the most popular New Year’s resolutions from 2015, according to the Statistic Brain.
- Lose weight.
- Getting organized.
- Spend less, save more.
- Enjoy life.
- Stay healthy and fit.
- Learn something new.
- Quit smoking.
- Help others with their goals.
- Fall in love.
- Spend more time with family.
To put your goals into perspective. People who set a specific resolution are 10 times more likely to achieve their goals than those who don’t. However, of the 45% of Americans who usually make a resolution, only 8% actually succeed with their goals.
If you want to achieve your resolutions, here are a few steps to help you along the way.
- Break down your big goal into small, easily-attainable goals.
- Use a calendar to keep track of your progress and write down when you want to achieve certain milestones.
- Incorporate your goals into your daily life.
- Don’t get deterred by setbacks and celebrate achievements.
What New Year’s Resolutions are you setting for 2017?